Sporting Heritage, Photography and TV Conference 2017
Hold the date!
We’re excited to announce that our next annual conference will take place at the National Science and Media Museum in Bradford. Due to previous feedback this year’s conference will take place over a two day period Tuesday 28th November and Wednesday 29th November. The focus will be on both practice and theory and the event will draw together practitioners, volunteers, and academics active and interested in the field of the Sporting Past, Photography and TV. It will aim to:
- Explore how sporting heritage is exhibited, interpreted, and collected in relationship to photography and broadcast TV
- Provide practical skills and knowledge for the conservation and access of these collections
- Extend the network of sporting heritage activity regionally and nationally
- Understand how sport, photography and tv inter-relates
- Understand where these collections are held and how better to provide access
- Understand the importance of these collections to different audiences
- Explore and discuss how these collections can be better utilised, protected, and developed in the future
Speakers will be announced shortly and booking goes live on the 9th August – the same day as we launch our updated website and new membership scheme!
The event will be relevant for anyone interested in this field of work including:
- Museum and Archive Managers
- Education and access specialists
- Heritage sector volunteers
- Sports sector professionals and volunteers
- Policy makers
- Funding bodies
There will also be an opportunity to learn about the current research consortia being delivered by the Sport in Museums Network in partnership with the National Football Museum.